When a fan is concerned, it’s really hard not to compare the live action to the anime and #TheLegendEnds, I believe, was not a disappointment to RuRuKen Anime fans. Though most scenes and plots were twisted, the adaptation was still faithful to the original core of the story
Random thoughts: ***SPOILER ALERT***
- Master Seijuro lacks humor on the movie. He is supposedly a funny man.
- Why do they have to kill Okina? Why did Aoshi hurt Misao? He became so heartless in the movie that his appearance in the ship on the final battle did not pay-off.
- Takeru Sato deserves an Oscar for doing all his awesome sword scenes. Thanks to his natural breakdance talent. :D
- I hope they still fought in Kyoto because it is the Kyoto Arc. (Haha. Woley) But it is logical for Shishio to aim Tokyo if he wants to dominate Japan. Kudos to the film writer for this.
- I LOVE THE FAKE EXECUTION SCENE where all the people the Battosai killed was read in public. I love how the movie focused on Kenshin’s goals to repent for his sins in the past. (Kahit backshot pa din yung pinakita sa quickflash kay Tomoe. :p)
- It’s understandable why the Oniwabanshu VS Juppon Gatana fight did not happen on the last movie because the final battle did not happen in Kyoto, but they just have atleast let Kaoru and Yahiko fight on the beach! Knowing Kaoru’s character, she will not just stand aside and watch.
- Megumi’s scene was unnecessary. Sorry hate ko lang talaga si Megumi. Personal reason ito. Hahaha.
- Akala ko napanaginipan ko lang yung Saito vs Usui. Eh ang bilis. Hahaha.
- Anji and Sanosuke’s fight lost its substance because they don’t know each other in the movie! Maybe a simple quickflash can fix it? (Puro quickflash, ano undertime?!? Lol)
- And speaking of quickflashes, Sojiro and Kenshin’s fight could’ve been better if they included Sojiro’s backstory. Bigla na lang syang nabaliw na hindi malinaw ang hugot. Good thing Ryunosuke’s acting was superb! :)
- Kulang sa INSERT SHOT yung kagat ni Shishio kay Kenshin. Favorite ko pa naman yun. Hahaha.
- I love how they maintained the highlights on the final battle. The 4-in-1 scene was EPIC. Kenshin’s Amakakeru Ryu No Hirameki’s execution was like watching it straight from the anime though pwede pa syang ma play-up sa editing. Yumi’s death was okay, kinulang lang sa acting si Maryjun kaya sana kiniss na lang din sya ni Shishio para gumanda yung eksena. Sana din nasama yung nabaliw si Hoji sa dulo para mas masaya pero di naman kailangan. :)
- Ito’s character was a perfect portrayal of a “balimbing” politician. Di na kailangang iexplain kung bakit nya binigyan ng salute si Kenshin sa dulo kahit inutos nya na bombahin yung ship kahit andun pa sila Kenshin sa loob. Tsk
- Pero gusto ko yung sinabi nya na “Battosai is dead” and recognized “Kenshin” as the new hero. Thus justifies the title “The Legend Ends”.
- It is also understandable why the romance plot has been cut-off or trimmed and it’s a good thing that they ended the movie with Kenshin’s “proposal” to Kaoru to make up for this. :)
Over-all, I love how the movie ignites memories from my childhood. I love how perfect Takeru Sato portrayed my most beloved anime character; the one with the cross scar, red hair and reversed blade sword. I remember the time I refused to went home to Cebu because they didn’t broadcast “Samurai X” on RNG channels back then and how my uncle recorded every episode that I’m going to miss on a VHS tape. Kenshin and Kaoru were a big part of how I grew-up. Thanks to the film makers for bringing them to life! :)
JINCHUU ARC NAMAN!!!
Checked-in and ready for our flight. Tokyo here we come! :) #charot (at NAIA International Airport)
OHMYGOD!!! #ThrowBackThursday #timehop #NoFilterJustLove
Tonight’s appetizer. Twister Fries BFF Size. Paubos na after 5 mins. 😬😬😬 @gilbradguifaya @callmecarlough
A simple reminder from my 20-year old self. ;) Good morning beautiful people! Another week ahead! #timehop
"Let’s grow old together, and die at the same time." #ToLoseMyLife #WhiteLies #NoService
she is too pretty
The only decent photo that I took from last night’s @up_dharma_down gig. Thank you so much @armimillare and the rest of the band. I swear I didn’t use the flash for this photo. :D